Thursday, July 06, 2006

I Want to Shoot Myself.


The Sun is reporting that Sven Goran Eriksson may be bringing his brand of boring football to my homeland, Jamaica for a whopping 3 million pounds. Good work if you can get it. I'm not too excited about this. Sven would definitely be a step up from our current coach, but I would prefer the Jamaican football association go after someone like Guus Hiddink or Louis Van Gaal. I think with the right coaching Jamaica can progress from the CONCACAF region. We have the talent. What we lack is a coach who can organize the players on the field to get the most out of them. I don't think Sven is the right man for the job. Besides, he wouldn't even be willing to commit to the job full time since he would want to juggle coaching our national team with coaching a club team somewhere in Europe. Three million pounds for a part time employee seems a bit steep. Hiring Sven would break the bank. Right now the Prime Minister is talking about redirecting funds from other areas to finance our bid to land Sven. Good to see landing the Swede is more important than redirecting some funds to fix up my old school, Flankers All Age School. Way to go Portia Simpson Miller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home